Monday, February 27, 2006

"I was hotter than a pistol"




What an amazing story. Saw this on TV the other night.

Jason McElwain was the team manager for Greece Athena High School basketball team. He kept the stats, ran the clock, handed out water bottles, etc. He was always one of the most enthusiastic teammates on the sidelines.

"The 17-year-old senior, who is autistic and usually sits on the bench in a white shirt and black tie." He put on a uniform in the teams first playoff game. When he was put in with four minutes left, the crowd went crazy. He hit 6, yes SIX, three point shots and ended the game with 20 points. His teammates carried him off the court on their shoulders. You should have seen the crowd. With every three they went crazy, even though a win was already guaranteed.

“I ended my career on the right note,” he told The Associated Press by phone Thursday. “I was really hotter than a pistol!” One section of students held up signs bearing his nickname “J-MAC” and cutouts of his face placed on Popsicle sticks.

Wow, what a touching story.

I found the video for the story. Click here and then scroll down the box on the right to view the video. It gives me chills everytime I watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home