Monday, March 20, 2006

American war casualties down for five straight months

I figured I would write on this because it certainly isn't something you hear too much on the MSM.

American casualties are down for five straight months. This has never before happened during the entire 36 month long war. In fact, the longest time of decreasing American deaths before this was just two months. Don't believe me? Check out this link.

In October, 96 American deaths were reported. Two-thirds of the way through this month, there have been 16 American deaths. While each death is tragic in its own right, certainly this is a positive sign.

While I don't think these numbers will necessarily stay quite this low, I hope that they will not go much higher than they are currently, and steadily decrease as time goes on.

This positive news also comes with some repurcussions. It seems (and I don't have numbers on this) that Iraqis have been dying more as the violence seems to be shifting to them. If anyone has any numbers on this beyond the "this many Iraqis have died in the war" number, then please post in the comments and I will add it to this post.

Tags: Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home