Friday, March 10, 2006

Bush approval rating hits new low

Well, after rebounding for a while after Katrina, Bush's approval numbers continue to slide. The newest AP-Ipsos poll puts him at 37% with a margin of error of 3%.

These numbers seem indicate that Bush isn't really losing democrats anymore, he's pretty much lost them all. Bush is starting to lose some Republicans though. I could be wrong, but I really don't think that they could go too much lower unless he does something incredibly stupid, like Nixon. I think I've heard numbers that his main base is somewhere around 34%, so unless he starts to lose some of them, his poll numbers shouldn't go much below that. But with such a liberal media, and constant attacks, many times for no reason, who knows.

Now I'm certainly not entirely blaming the media for this. Let's face it, things could be going much better in Iraq, the Katrina response could have been better, and he was apparently wrong about the ports deal (or so everyone tells me).

It just doesn't make much sense. Think about it this way: after Katrina, it seemed like the entire nation hated the President for his poor response. His poll numbers did decline, but only to around the mid to high 30's. My question is, could the recent ports controversy really be considered worse in people's eyes than the Katrina response? Apparently so.

Tags: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Kent said...

Do I spy a reasonable, intelligent, well spoken Liberal? A rare and impressive breed, to be sure. Nice post.

Re: Bush and his 'bad' poll numbers. The President could care less. What a great leader.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger David said...

Yeah, I enjoy bushtheidiot. Although I don't like the name of his blog, I do have a link to it.

Very true Kent, very true. Indicative of a great leader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home