Friday, August 12, 2005

No media bias? HA!

Wow, and people say the news has no liberal bias! HA! I thought a reporters job was to ask questions, not to put answers in the mouth of those they are interviewing:

Blitzer talking to former President Clinton on CNN:
BLITZER: So I assume that the answer is, yes, the war was a mistake. Is that your answer? CLINTON: You're trying to get me to make news, and I'm trying to educate people. It doesn't matter whether it was a mistake to go in or not at the time. I thought we should have let the U.N. inspectors finish.We are where we are. We can't undo what has happened. Fifty-eight percent of Iraqis voted in the last election. That's more than we had turn out in 2004. And we've got a lot of good people there working hard to train the security forces and the military forces.
BLITZER: That's my job. I'm a newsman. That's what I try to do, is make news. And you try to avoid news. That's your job.

Don't reporters just REPORT the news that exists? Since when are they supposed to create news?!?! I think a freshman entering Journalism school could tell you that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home