Tuesday, October 18, 2005

iPod Video

Well, apple finally came out with the long awaited ipod video. I've never had an ipod, and never wanted one because I have an iriver, which I love. The thing is, the iriver i have came out about 2 years ago, and guess what, you can play video on it. It's not necessarily easy, but you can copy dvds you own to the player and watch them on the 2 inch color screen.
Who knows, maybe if i actually did have an ipod I would fall in love with it like it seems everyone else does, but for now I'd rather put my money into something cheaper with many many more features.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I don't think anybody is too excited about watching video on a 2.5" screen, but there are a few applicatons of the iPod Video that you're ignoring. I don't own an iPod, nor do I plan on purchasing one in the near future, but I can see some exciting things going on.

First, the iPod Video can connect to your television, playing your video collection anywhere, any time, on any TV. Second, the iTunes store allows you to purchase TV shows (which can then be played on the computer, stored and viewed on iPod, and then plugged right into your TV. If this guy is right, this may lead to a whole new way of watching TV via a show-by-show subscription service, or who knows what else. It's pretty interesting when you think about it.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger David said...

I agree the fact that you can download an episode of whatever you missed last night and watch it during your lunch break the next day is awesome, however the problem is this: with the resolution at which they are downloaded, im pretty sure it would look absolutely horrid on any reasonable size tv....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home