Saturday, October 01, 2005

Plant Phys Test

So, my plant physiology class is incredibly hard, or at least I thought before this week. See, the class is about half graduate students, and the teacher is really really hard. Before class we print out his Powerpoint slides and use those to take notes. On a usual day we get through about 12 pages (4 slides per page). Most of the slides have I would say, around 100 words on them average. He just basically reads through them, and thats it. And most of this crap I've never heard of before, so I thought the test was going to be really really hard. Well, the friday before the test he gave us a list of 35 questions to study. He then told us that the questions on the test would be directly from that! The questions were mostly really really hard, but I did my best to study them all. Then I took the test, and he actually generally chose some of the easier questions from the list, so I was feeling pretty good about it. Well, a week later I got the test back and I got a 95%!!!!!!!!! WAHOO! (At the beginning of the semester I was hoping just to pass the class) The even better part is that about half of the class literally got 50% and below. The teacher just laid out all of the tests, and when looking for mine I saw a lot of 35's, 40's, even a 31! And I think a lot of those were graduate students. So my question is are graduate students here not all I think they're cracked up to be? I mean, we were given all of the questions beforehand! Even better was the fact that each question is graded based on the answers of 5 or so random papers, so I was being compared to graduate students, and beat their asses! For a class that I was just hoping to pass as of a few weeks ago, thats not too bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home