Saturday, November 12, 2005

Bill O'Reilly

So, the blogs seem to be buzzing now about bill o'reillys comments on his radio show on November 8th. Apparently he was criticizing a ballot measure passed by 60 percent of San Francisco voters urging public high schools and colleges to prohibit on-campus military recruiting. He said "Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine, but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead. And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead."
Now, many of the blogs I've read have been saying that O'Reilly "has issued an attack on San Francisco" and he is "encouraging the terrorists of al-Qeada to blow up the Coit Tower." Give me a break, he said nothing of the sort. Look, lets face it, the US needs brave men and women nowadays for our military. No one can deny thins, regardless of whether or not you think we should be in iraq. Is it really that bad to have military recruiters in high schools and college campuses? Sorry, but I would prefer they recruit there instead of retirement homes....

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nooo, he didn't call for an attack, he just reveled in the idea. And surely not because he doesn't like the people of san fran. Its obvious this was one of bill's little temper tantrums where he blows off steam because someone doesn't agree with him. The statements he made were agressive and childish, what a suprise. you know, being that they recruit in malls, trade shows, and throughout the city, I think they can leave our public education institutions alone

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Hallelujah!!! Someone get's exactly how jacked SF is!!!

Awesome post!!!

I wrote about the Propostions... I liberal blog let me post the same thing on their blog... They sorta agreed with me on California... Amazing how messed up my state is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home