Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Boxer considers impeachment for Bush?

The democrats continued their baseless attacks on Bush, when Senator Boxer asked "presidential scholars" if the use of secret wire taps without court approval was impeachable. Let's face it, he won't get impeached, and here's why:

-This program was targeted at people overseas, or those talking with people overseas. One of those involved must have been believed to be involved with terror.
-Why should everyone be so concerned if they have nothing to hide?
-If I was talking to someone in Afghanistan, I would assume, no I would EXPECT, someone to be listening to my conversation. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
-Almost every American citizen will never be "spied" upon. This was a very small number of individuals in comparision to the american population. If I have to take this chance in being "spied" upon in order to save my family, friends, and other americans from being killed in a terrorist attack, you're damn right I wouldn't care.
-Those in Congress knew about this and it was approved on a bipatisan basis, as Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA) agrees by saying, "I believe the program is essential to U.S. national security and that its disclosure has damaged critical intelligence capabilities."
-The Clinton administration believed it had the same power. President Clinton authorized the break in and instillation electronic bugs WITHOUT WARRANTS of Aldrich Ames. His deputy attorney general Jamie Gorelick argued "The Department of Justice believes and the case law supports that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes." Patrick Leahy (D) argued that this was an "entirely different power" claiming "those are searches into embassies, foreign embassies, and things of that nature." No, sir, this was a man's home that Clinton authorized spying of, NOT AN EMBASSY.
-Something interesting happened on September 11, 2001. America, at least for a short while seemed different. People seemed united, united against a common enemy. That has changed for many Americans, who feel their time would be more worth while going after the President. But, this President has not swayed, he has not faultered, and he has made our country a safer one because of it. Honestly, I think what he has done in a general sense is nothing short of miraculous. He's put his political life on the line for our country. Most people don't see it, and will tell me I'm full of shit, and thats fine, you can have your opinion. But, just remember one thing....think about how you felt on september 11th, september 12th, and so on. I remember those days. Even though none of my family or friends were directly affected, I remember how I felt eating lunch in the school cafeteria on that awful day. I was so sad, so hurt by what had happened. Suddenly it seemed like my problems were so small. I remember going to work that night at the bakery. Selling baked goods just didn't seem very important at that point. It was just such a different feeling. I knew I never wanted that to happen...ever again. Unfortunately, many don't feel that way, just four years after that terrible event.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Yep... All true.

It's political. This whole thing on Bush has been political. Boxer should just go to hell! There isn't a court in the land that is going to find Bush guilty for "protecting our country".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home