Wednesday, April 05, 2006

McKinney cries racism


In case you haven't heard, Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), 51, scuffled with a police officer on March 29 when she entered a House office building without her identifying lapel pin and did not stop when asked. Several police sources said the officer, who was not identified, asked her three times to stop. When she kept going, he placed a hand somewhere on her and she hit him, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Her supporters called the incident "political" and not "criminal." I'm sorry, but when you hit a police officer who is just trying to do his job, it certainly is criminal. When she entered the building without her lapel pin and without stopping after being asked to do so three times, she was a security threat. I don't care if she thinks the police officer should have recognized her. That's not his job. His job is to make sure no one that enters that building that shouldn't be there and no one gets through without the officer being sure they are a member of congress or getting searched. It's just that simple.

My question is, why in the hell was she not arrested? Liberals cried foul constantly when Cheney was not arrested (for an accident by the way). Yet, this woman who hits a police officer is not arrested? Why is she being held to a different standard? It doesn't matter if a police officer lays a hand on me, I still cannot hit him/her. And if I did, I would be sitting in jail for a good long time. Why should she be any different?

"Do I have to contact the police every time I change my hairstyle? How do we account for the fact that when I wore my braids every day for 11 years, I still faced this problem, primarily from certain white police officers," McKinney says.

I just love how immediately she makes this situation all about race. This security guard is responsible for the lives of each and every person in that building. If someone is entering who has not shown the proper credentials or passed through the metal detector, it is his job to pursue the situation. From the reports, this is exactly what happened. She got mad because she was late for a meeting, and hit a police officer.

Speaking of fair treatment, that brings up another point. This whole incident never would have happened if congress(wo)men had to go through metal detectors just like everyone else. The people in charge of protecting the American public can't take a minute to go through a metal detector which is designed to keep them safe and our halls of Congress running? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger David said...

Ok, so many things to address here, I don't even know where to start.

First, if anyone hits a police officer, they should be arrested on the spot. Is there a question in anyones mind that she actually did hit him? The answer is no. Therefore, she should have already been arrested. That's what would have happened to anyone else.

Second of all, I do recall seeing several people saying he should be arrested or be prosecuted or resign....all over an accident.

I do agree that the media should have been notified earlier. But, in the end, who does this affect besides the man he shot and his family. From what I remember it was not the VP's decision on when to release it, it was the ranch owners. Again, I do agree that it should have been handled better.

I think what the President did in that classroom was exactly the right move, and most people who were in that room, including the teacher agree with me. Maybe part of it was that he didn't know what to do. But I think a larger part of it was that he was (starting at that point) making sure the American public didn't panic. It takes true heroism and leadership to not run and hide in a bunker or in Air Force One when his life could have been in danger. That's just my take on it, but if you want to criticize him on that, that's your perogative.

I do agree that our government has failed on immigration. Bottom line is that it all comes down to money. They'll work cheaper and usually much harder than Americans will. And that's not right. As I've said before, I would be willing to pay more for my fruit, vegetables, etc. if it meant that those workers were here legally.

By the way, I'd like to know what you actually mean by our border enforcement was "stronger." We currently have more border patrol agents down there than before, and are soon to get more. We also have the "minuteman" project. We've also caught something like a million illegals crossing the border every year since 2000.

That said, I did notice the end of that sentence "pre-9/11." It's just interesting because bush was only in office 8 months when 9/11 happened. Are you seriously telling me that in those short 8 months, border security drastically decreased?

Or maybe it did, Bush was on vacation, what 42% of the time, right? Haha, righhhht.

But hey, you can always spin numbers, right? Liberals seem good at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home