Saturday, August 20, 2005

Free TV!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

So last thursday I got an email from "Prize Fulfillment Services" saying that I won a Dell 26" LCD television!!!! WAHOO! I had signed up in july on dells website for the drawing. Well, they were giving away these tv's to 1 in 100 people (up to 70,000) people could sign up. So, I had signed up me and peggy. Well, I won! At first I was a little skeptical, because the email didnt actually come from dell, but from eprize.com. Well, dell basically contracts their sweepstakes out to eprize. The email told me I have to send back a signed affidavit with my social security number, birtday, name, etc. That's what I was a little skeptical about, I really don't want to send my ssn off to someone I dont know. Anyways, after a few phonecalls to dell and eprize, its legit! I really won. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much until it actually arrives on my doorstep, but I think I'm good to go. Well, for the affidavit I had to get it notarized by a notary public. Well, needless to say, that took some time. When I absentee voted last november, I got it notarized at brady. I went there yesterday, but the lady was already gone. The other person in the asum office told me to try Jesse. So Peggy and I walked over to jesse. Well, that person was gone for the day as well. There were other notary public's there apparently, but they "are picky about what they sign." Ugh....The woman told me to try a lawyer's office or bank. So, then we were walking back to the car, and we passed by the law building. Well, I went in to one of the offices, and the notary was in a meeting. The secretary told me to go to a room upstairs. That notary was gone for the day, so the woman told me to try a notary in the library. We walked over to the library, but that notary wasnt there. They told me to go to some other office upstairs. We went up there, and FINALLY found a notary public. Anyways, so I got it signed and all, then mailed it off from the post office. Anywho, assuming everything goes as planned, I should be getting my tv in 6 weeks! We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home