Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Latest comments from Murtha

When questioned in an interview taped on Friday "Would you join (the military) today?"
"No," replied Murtha.
"And I think you're saying the average guy out there who's considering recruitment is justified in saying 'I don't want to serve'," the interviewer continued.
"Exactly right," said Murtha.
Are you kidding me? First, he started off (last November) with criticizing the war in Iraq. I don't have a problem with that as long as it is done responsibly. Constructive criticism can only help our troops. I do however have a problem with him undermining our military. This is exactly what he has done with this comment. He's telling those considering joining the military not to do so. The fact that he is allowed, with no repercussions to undermine the credibility and the power of our military absolutely astounds me.
This goes far beyond the defeatism policy which he has held since November. If he really is a strong supporter of the military, like he is portrayed to be in the media, he would have never spoken these words. Even though he does not agree with the war, that does not give him any justification in weakening the military.
The one thing that does bring me joy in the defeatism point of view is that the American public is and will continue to realize that democrats are weaker than ever on national security. Just remember, this is the issue that carried Bush in the last elections.

6 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing a weakling like you can tell a 37 year veteran of the toughest branch of our armed services what he can and can't say about the military.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger David said...

First of all, I never told him what he could and couldn't say. I simply criticized what he did say (my first amendment right). And while I admire and appreciate his service in the marines, "a 37 year veteran" is a bit misleading. He was in the active military for less than 10 years. The rest of the time he was in the reserves while moving his way up the political ladder.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes only 10 in active duty, he only spent a decade in active duty after VOLUNTEERING to go to vietnam. Im sure you lack the balls to do anything near as brave, but at the same time you get to question his record because thats what rove sent down the GOP talking points ladder this week. Thats how the republicans deal with people who disagree with them, systematic wide spread slander

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger David said...

"volunteering to go to vietnam."--Yes, I said I admire and appreciate his service. And I don't know how you're accusing me of only mentioning this because its currently a "GOP talking point sent down the ladder this week." Don't accuse me of something when you don't know the truth--I have heard no mention of Murtha's service at the time of this post. I did the research ON MY OWN, and did not write about it because its apparently a "GOP talking point." And you call the republicans bad at "systematic wide spread slander?" HAHAHAHA....take a hint man, just look at the Alito confirmation hearings if you want to talk about slander. Or how about what the liberals did to Bush and the US military in the last couple months. Please dont talk about systematic slander....

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus you really are full of shit! and I believe you, this was all you, you didn't see that he was a target of right wing attack dogs and hop on board. wink wink

oh yeah the liberals are slandering the military, thats another one I'd expect from someone like you, how convienint to question the patriotism and support for the troops, a lot easier than acknowledging that when you fuck up, you get critized, hence the opposition of this administrations blunders

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger David said...

yes, he was a target of attacks. That in no way means that I saw something about his actual service and immediately posted about it....again, you have no clue, so I have no idea why you're criticizing me on this.

How about you address the slandering of bush by the liberals, or the slandering of Alito. Yeah, conveniently left that out of your last post, and instead chose to criticize me on something I didn't even say...typical liberal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home